We have made a study on applications such as Box, Dropbox or Google Drive? We want to share the results of the study in an infographic format.
With this study, we’ve learned facts such as these:
- Users prefer to use these applications to store their work documents (95%), though a large number of the people who were polled also use them to store personal files. (77%).
- The main reason why information workers use these applications is that “it allows them to access their documents from any device” (87.18%).
- If their businesses obtained an ECM system, 64% of these users would continue to use File-Sync and File-Sharing applications. Only 7% say that, in that case, they’d stop using them.
- 79.5% believe that using these applications would create organization problems.
- 53.85% worry about the safety of their information when they use these systems.
- Some 64% would like it if these applications would automatically classify their documents. (Good news: Athento with Dropbox already does that!)
- More than half of respondents would like these applications to give them more information about their documents and that they could be synchronized with their ECM systems.